by Ps Pooja
- Pain causes us to withdraw
An Opportune time
Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while.
- Draws in the presence of God
The Kord is near to the broken hearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
- Draws us to the Word
If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished
- Opens our ears
But I have stilled and quoted MU souls; like a weaned child with its mother
- We experience the comfort of God.
2Cor says Greater suffering, greates the Comfort.
2 Cor 1:3-11
For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.
- Empathise with others
We are able to grieve with others.
We become easier ti be with, less harsh, less critical, more understanding
- Causes us to need one another
- We recognise God is sovereign
Psalms 115:3 says Our God is in the Heavens, He does all that He pleases.
- Helps us recognise our weakness. We are not in control
- Keeps us constantly at the feet of God
- Creates in us a longing (hope) for our Eternal Home
- Reminder of this fallen world
- We grieve along with God about the devastation of sin
- We are forced to deal with our root issues(iniquity)
- Causes us to experience the miraculous
- Makes us grateful for what we already have and enjoy
- Pain brings wisdom
- Pain gives us direction
God often uses our deepest pai. As the launching pad id our greatest calling.
- Builds faith
- Pain is God’s megaphone